Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Me and My Keens

Oh the places you'll go...

Oh the places we've been...me and my keens.

I was boarding a plane to Boston to visit my brother for the first time and I realized that my Keens and I have been around the block together.  They went with me and in a way protected me and encouraged me and strengthened me.

We started out at Eagle Lake together...playing the greatest games of capture the flag i have ever participated in, hiking to the most beautiful views, trapsing around in the dark...you know, camp-y things.

Then we worked for a horticulture company...pulling weeds, watering trees and shrubs and flowers, overturn dirt, touching the earth, breaking it under my feet and in my hands.

THEN...we went to Chile. For YWAM.  We went swimming together, more hiking, work duty, evangelism, and cleaned up after the great earthquake.  Covered in sewage, and mucky ocean water, and dirt and sand and even poo...oh me and my shoes.

More hikes, more walking.  We hiked the Freedom Trail together, seeking out the destinations of where my country began and started its movement towards independence.

It's a unique way to view your shoes as a companion.  But i love them.  They are well worn which is just another way of saying well loved.

Me and My Keens.

No comments:

Post a Comment